Rehab Admissions Process: What To Expect
Realizing rehab may be the right thing for you and seeking help is already a big accomplishment. Let us guide you through the admissions process so you will know what to expect at every step of the way.
- Get In Contact With Us
- Tell Us Your Story
- Answer A Few Questions
- We’ll Work With You To Create an Action Plan
- We’ll Help You Plan Your Trip & Prepare
- Arrive at Your Selected Facility and Begin Your Journey to Recovery
Step 1: Get In Contact With Us
There are two ways to get in contact with us.
- Call our substance abuse helpline at 866-930-6641 where an admissions navigator is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a toll-free, confidential hotline. Once dialed, our navigator will hear your story, and help you create your treatment plan.
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below. Our admissions navigator will verify if your insurance provider may be in-network at one of our facilities and contact you to discuss treatment and next steps.
Step 2: Tell Us Your Story
Whether you are calling for yourself or a loved one, use this opportunity to tell us your story. Our admissions advisors will help you any way they can. Our navigators may be other veterans or have gone through the treatment process, so they can really understand what you might be going through first hand.
Step 3: Answer a Few Questions
Your admissions navigator will ask you questions about your current situation and needs to help them best understand the clinical needs and logistics involved with attending a treatment center. Questions they may ask include:
- About your current state of well-being and the environment you are in.
- Questions about you or your loved one’s drug or alcohol use.
- Whether you or a loved one suffers from pre-existing or co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety.
- Personal and insurance information as well as related questions that are all kept confidential and will help our advisors assist you in creating an action plan if treatment is needed.
Step 4: We’ll Work With You To Create an Action Plan
Based on your needs and current situation as assessed by the pre-screening, your navigator will help you choose the best facility to fit your needs and develop your personalized action plan.
Step 5: We’ll Help You Plan Your Trip & Prepare
After reviewing and agreeing to your treatment plan, we will schedule your admission, provide a packing list, travel schedule, and help you in any way you need to get to treatment safely and successfully.
Step 6: Arrive at Your Selected Facility and Begin Your Journey to Recovery
Once you arrive at your chosen facility, our team members will check you in, take you through a medical screening, get you settled, and treatment can begin.
Ready to Begin the Conversation? Call Us Today at 866-930-6641
Explore Our Treatment Centers
Explore what our rehab treatment centers have to offer.
- See All Treatment Centers
- California – Laguna Treatment Hospital
- Florida (Miami) – Recovery First Treatment Center
- Florida (Tampa) – River Oaks Treatment Center
- Massachusetts – AdCare Hospital
- Mississippi – Oxford Treatment Center
- Nevada – Desert Hope Treatment Center
- New Jersey – Sunrise House Treatment Center
- Rhode Island – AdCare Rhode Island
- Texas – Greenhouse Treatment Center
- Other States: Don’t see your state listed? American Addiction Centers can help you find the best treatment solution for you. Sometimes it is best to travel for treatment, whether it is to get away from environments that might trigger substance use or you are using Medicaid to afford treatment. Call us today at 866-930-6641 to tell us your story and allow us to help you find the best rehab center to suit your personalized needs.