- Services & Treatment
- Cost & Insurance Coverage
- VA Community Care Partner
- Tour & Family Visits
- Top Reasons to Attend Desert Hope
- Quality & Accreditation
- See Desert Hope On The Map
- When You’re Here
- Videos About Desert Hope
Services & Treatment
Levels of Care & Treatments
- Medical Detox
- Residential / Inpatient Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Outpatient Program (OP)
- Recovery Residence (Sober Living)
- Mental Health / Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Salute to Recovery: Battalion Program – A 4-week curriculum tailored towards veterans & first responders that focuses on PTSD, the neurobiology of addiction, and learning to rebuild and/or expand resources to improve daily life coping without the need of substance use. Programs and treatments may include:
- Group & Individual Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Groups & Relapse Prevention
- Exercise & Holistic Therapies
- Pain Management
- Dealing With Grief & Loss
- Rebuilding Healthy Relationships
Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Records
The confidentiality of alcohol and drug abuse patient records maintained by us is protected by Federal law and regulations. Generally, we may not say to a person outside the treatment center that you are a patient of the treatment center, or disclose any information identifying you as an alcohol or drug abuser unless:
- You consent in writing (as discussed below in “Authorization to Use or Disclose PHI”);
- The disclosure is allowed by a court order (as discussed below in “Uses and Disclosures”); or
- The disclosure is made to medical personnel in a medical emergency or to qualified personnel for research, audit, or program evaluation (as discussed below in “Uses and Disclosures”).
Violation of the Federal law and regulations by the treatment center is a crime. Suspected violations may be reported to appropriate authorities in accordance with Federal regulations.
Federal law and regulations do not protect any information about a crime committed by you either at the treatment center or against any person who works for the treatment center or about any threat to commit such a crime (as discussed below in “Uses and Disclosures”).
Federal laws and regulations do not protect any information about suspected child abuse or neglect from being reported under State law to appropriate State or local authorities (as discussed below in “Uses and Disclosures”).
See 42 U.S.C. 290dd-3 and 42 U.S.C. 290ee-3 for Federal laws and 42 CFR part 2 for Federal regulations.
Cost & Insurance Coverage
The cost of rehab may change based on a variety of factors. These may include:
- Level of Care Needed
- Length of Stay
- Insurance Benefits
Our admissions advisors are available 24/7 to hear your story and help you find the best treatment for you or your loved one’s situation. If you would like to verify your insurance instantly, fill in our form below. Many of our treatment centers work with the VA as part of the Community Care Network and may accept TRICARE or other Veteran specific insurances as well.
VA Community Care Partner
Desert Hope Treatment Center is a VA Community Care Partner, meaning that we work 1-on-1 with veterans assigned by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Local VA to provide the most effective and customized treatment possible to those who serve (or served) our country. The benefit here is that we work closely with the VA as a referral partner and can get you the treatment you need when you need it.
Tour & Family Visits
Desert Hope offers tours each day of the week. Staff are always present at our facility and tours are welcome at any time, but we recommend that potential patients and their families call ahead of time.
Due to COVID-19, visitation rules may have changed. Please contact the rehab center or your case manager to schedule a visit.
Family members can visit their loved ones at Desert Hope on Saturdays and Sundays. Your loved one may receive 2 visitors from their pre-approved visitation list per scheduled visit time. Make sure your loved one has added you to this list before your visit.
After you arrive, you will be asked to sign our guestbook and a confidentiality and privacy agreement. You will also be searched and asked to leave any outside food and drink behind, unless those items are sealed and unopened.
Desert Hope hosts two Family Days per month so that families can meet in large groups. Family Days are held on Saturdays between the hours of 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. You may contact our facility at any time to learn more about the next scheduled Family Day.
Top Reasons to Attend Desert Hope
- We offer everything you could want in an addiction treatment program, and more!
- At Desert Hope, we don’t force you into a cookie-cutter treatment plan. We meet with you on day one to make a thorough assessment of your needs and goals and create a plan for clinical programming tailored to you as an individual. We engage you in the process, ask what you’re looking to get out of treatment, and explain to you what you should expect during the process of your care. Along the way, we will make any adjustments necessary to make sure you are receiving treatment that works for you. We’ll also check in with you to see how things are going and set goals for treatment moving forward.
- We offer the full continuum of care. This includes evidence based therapies, medically supervised treatment, and an elective-style schedule.
- Regardless of the level of care you need, from medically monitored detoxification, to live-in inpatient and residential treatment, to less intensive outpatient, IOP, and sober living residences, Desert Hope is able to create a personalized treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Because we know not everyone needs the same type of treatment, we offer specialty tracks to address the needs of various audiences. Patients can partake in our Veterans and First Responders program, Gender-specific treatment, LGBTQ+ programs, and more.
- Our high standards in providing quality care have afforded us various licenses and accreditations.
- Desert Hope is accredited by the Joint Commission which provides behavioral health treatment facilities with standards and requirements for quality treatment.
- We are a member of the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare.
- Our program is certified by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health.
- Treatment is confidential.
- Your patient information is protected by HIPAA and no one outside of your treatment team can access your information without your written consent.
- We have exceptional and qualified staff invested in your recovery.
- All therapists are master’s-level clinicians. Staff specialties include substance use, mental health, social work, marriage and family therapy, music, or art.
- Our medical detoxification program is staffed with experienced, compassionate doctors and nurses who provide 24/7 monitoring to keep you safe during withdrawal.
- We integrate family into the treatment journey.
- We involve family in the treatment process so that you are better able to continue your recovery post-treatment.
- This may include visits, as well as family education and therapy.
- We set you up for success.
- When you complete treatment with Desert Hope, you don’t lose the support that you gained here. Our alumni program allows you to retain the sober network you had in treatment. The program has a large social media presence (close to 500 members on our Desert Hope alumni Facebook page), weekly alumni meetings, outreach to alumni, and quarterly alumni events.
- If you complete 90 consecutive days in treatment with us, we guarantee you’ll stay clean and sober, or you can return for a complimentary 30 days of treatment.
- Desert Hope is just a short 10 minute drive from the Las Vegas Strip.
- Desert Hope is conveniently located 4 miles east of the Las Vegas Strip or 3 miles north of McCarran International Airport.
- Our success is in the numbers.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center is only as successful as we are—63% of our patients report being sober at 12 months post-treatment—without the active participation of our patients and alumni. Every single person who walks through our doors makes our program what it is—we learn from you just as you learn from us. Our patients all bring something to our program; in some cases, alumni in recovery even come to work for us! You and patients just like you help to create a growing recovery community.
- Did you know your insurance provider may be able to cover all or part of the cost of rehab?
- The cost of rehab may deter people from finding treatment, but many insurance providers may be able to help foot the bill. Find out if your insurance provider may be able to help you cover the cost below.
Quality & Accreditation
Joint Commission Accreditation
We are honored to be accredited by the Joint Commission, which holds behavioral health treatment facilities to a set of standards and requirements to make sure that the program provides safe, high-quality care to all patients. An internationally recognized symbol of healthcare quality and the gold standard of care for the industry. This accreditation signifies that, through external, unbiased evaluation, we have met or exceeded The Joint Commission’s standards for providing addiction treatment for all of the levels of care offered at Desert Hope, including high acuity medical detox.
Member of the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare
Desert Hope Treatment Center is proud to hold a membership in the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare (NABH). This organization leads advocacy efforts for individuals in need of behavioral healthcare services and has done so for over 85 years.
As a member of NABH, Desert Hope Treatment Center is aligned with this organization’s mission of providing access to behavioral health services for those who need it and giving a strong voice to individuals in recovery.
Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health Certified Treatment Program
Our program is certified by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH). According to their website, the DPBH’s mission is “to protect, promote and improve the physical and behavioral health of the people of Nevada.”
See Desert Hope On The Map
When You’re Here
Our admissions process usually takes an hour or less to complete. During the admissions process, each patient undergoes a comprehensive assessment and meets with a mental health professional to develop his or her customized treatment plan.
Patients at Desert Hope are fed three nutritious chef-prepared meals daily. Desert Hope can accommodate clients with special dietary needs related to their medical or religious needs.
Housing Details & Beds
Our hotel-style rooms accommodate 2 people per room with a shared private bathroom. Desert Hope can house 148 patients total, and patients can request a private room at an additional cost. Laundry services are available on site.
Technology & Communication
Because connectivity with patients’ support system is so important, patients may bring and use their electronic devices at Desert Hope during free hours and at other designated times. We provide free Wi-Fi to all patients and guests.
Smoking is acceptable in designated smoking areas.
Videos About Desert Hope
Desert Hope Overview
Room Tour & Living Quarters
Testimonial: Desert Hope & Salute to Recovery Program
Verify Insurance & Benefits